Learn all about how to keep your jewellery looking their best.
MATERIAL FACTS ABOUT YOUR JEWELLLERY
JEWEL TREE LONDON products are made of solid 925 sterling silver. 50% of our material is recycled silver. All our semi-precious and precious stones are hand cut to our design specifications. We offer three finishes for most items, from natural silver finish to 18ct yellow gold and rose gold vermeil.
Our products come with high polish or matt surfaces. Matt surfaces will slowly shine to a dull glow with wear, while any high polish surfaces will dull to a light glow with use over a period of time. You can always re-plate your jewellery piece when needed. Always check the locks and clasps on your jewellery pieces for firmness before sending it for re-plating.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR JEWELLERY
To keep your jewellery looking their best, always make sure that every piece is individually stored in an airtight plastic bag or within a soft lined pouch or box to stop them being scratched or tangled. Every piece that you purchase from us will come with a suede pouch and a beautiful box to inspire you to take good care of your purchase.
- Coil chains gently to prevent damage or tangling up in storage.
- Don’t yank or pull chains.
- Use a soft, lint free cloth to keep your gold jewellery looking shiny and lustrous.
- A silver cleaner can also be used to clean sterling silver pieces.
- Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean metal as they scratch easily.
- We strongly recommend removing jewellery when you shower or bathe and particularly when on the beach, in the sea or in chlorinated water.
- Do not leave your jewellery in the bathroom because you silver pieces will tarnish faster even with just the moisture in the air.
- Do avoid spraying perfumes or applying creams directly onto your jewellery.
- Since many gemstones are quite delicate, hot water, harsh chemicals and cleaners should be avoided at all times. We advise cleaning your precious stones with a clean, soft, damp cloth after wearing. Ensure that the stone is nice and dry before storing away. Do not use tissue paper or paper towels to clean gemstones as they scratch easily.
- Try not to drop or bang your jewellery as that can crack, break or dislodge the precious stones.
- We do not add Nickel in our Jewellery, however there can be small traces.